S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) and IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) announced the future divisional structure of the combined company, effective upon completing their pending merger:
- S&P Global Ratings will be led by Martina Cheung, currently President of S&P Global Market Intelligence, upon close. Effective immediately, Martina Cheung will also lead the
- S&P Global ESG team, consolidating cross-divisional ESG assets with a leadership group designed to scale quickly and accelerate growth.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence will be combined with IHS Markit’s Financial Services business upon close and led by Adam Kansler, currently President of Financial Services at IHS Markit.
- S&P Global Platts will be led by Saugata Saha, currently CFO of S&P Global Market Intelligence and Platts, effective January 2021. After close, Mr. Saha will continue leading Platts, combined with the Energy & Natural Resources business of IHS Markit. S&P Global Platts is the provider of information, benchmark prices and analytics for the energy and commodities markets.
- Martin Fraenkel, currently President of S&P Global Platts, will work closely with Mr. Saha to ensure a smooth transition. Mr. Fraenkel will become Vice Chairman of Platts and continue to serve on the Board of CRISIL until his retirement in September 2021.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices will continue to be led by Dan Draper, CEO of S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- S&P Global Transportation will be led by Edouard Tavernier, currently EVP, Transportation with IHS Markit.
Ewout Steenbergen will serve as Chief Financial Officer of the combined company. He will also continue to lead Kensho and upon closing will expand his responsibilities to include Consolidated Markets & Solutions (CMS), a division of IHS Markit.
Integration Management Office
S&P Global and IHS Markit have also formed an Integration Management Office (IMO), which prior to close will be co-led by Martina Cheung and Jonathan Gear, currently Chief Financial Officer of IHS Markit. Following closing, the IMO will be led by John Berisford in partnership with Ewout Steenbergen. Comprising leaders from S&P Global and IHS Markit, the IMO will develop and execute plans to bring together the two companies.